Google
  Web shaunsre.blogspot.com   

Monday, December 09, 2013

Funny Article

I was reading some news stories that mentioned one of the REIT stocks I own, and came across this piece on The Motley Fool. Now, given the source, it's somewhat obvious that it will be biased towards stock ownership over rental property, but I thought it did provide a good example of what the typical first time landlord thinks - not too concerned with cashflow, relying on appreciating property values, no thought or budgeting towards maintenance costs, etc.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how familiar this sounds. Originally, myself many years ago. (Hopefully I have learned a few things!) And more recently with many of the clients I have worked with as a real estate agent and property manager. Thanks for the laugh

Veronica said...

Hey Shaun,
Great article.Thanks for sharing.Keep it up.Hoping many more interesting thins from your blog this year.

© 2006 Shaun | Site Feed | Back to top