Google
  Web shaunsre.blogspot.com   

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Zillow.com - Amazing Real Estate Site!

Wow! Seattle Eric alerted me to this new site called Zillow.com that was created by the founder of Expedia. Basically, it's another real estate comp site - but this is much, much better than anything I've seen before! It looks like they've combined comps with Google maps to give you a satellite view of the neighborhood with home values superimposed. Click a house to get details about it. This gets my vote for best use of the Google Maps.

This is still in beta, so there are some bugs. I've noticed that when you zoom in to the highest magnification, you tend to end up somewhere other than where you were looking - I ended up about 5 miles east when I tried it. Also, at higher magnifications, the hybrid view, which superimposes street names onto the satelite view, gets confused and puts streets where they aren't.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good, even though it doesn't use Google Maps (uses a different mapping service).

Now if only there were a similar site for Canada!

misteropus said...

Really awesome site! Someone else was telling me last week that there is someone combined Google Maps with Weather Underground. He also told me that someone is using the Google Map engine to map the world of Warcraft.

misteropus said...

Damn,I should have kept my house in Arizona.

Anonymous said...

Cool site, but still flawed...it has my house (whole neighborhood) about 40% undervalued...looks like it is using tax assessment data from 3-4 yrs ago.

Trisha#1 said...

I heard about this site just tonight from a friend. But, no, it doesn't appear the data for our area is up-to-date.

Anonymous said...

Its a cool site but I found inconsistencies relative to RE comparables. In time I'm sure it will be pretty accurate

Tom
"D"igital Breakfast

Anonymous said...

We recently found the site as well. We were pretty impressed with what they've got going on with the site. It is probably one of the top tools that I'll be keeping my eye on! Thanks, Shaun.

© 2006 Shaun | Site Feed | Back to top