Google
  Web shaunsre.blogspot.com   

Monday, August 15, 2005

Cabinet Costs

I got a call from Keith last night to discuss the bill for getting the cabinets installed. I had mentally figured around $2,000, which is what the other guy charged me for the job. It turns out to be a bit more than that... The total cost is going to be around $5,200! Keith had about 25 hours of his time in the job, plus his assistant had 25 hours. His rate is $40 - $45 an hour. There was a little more than $1,000 in parts costs and the countertops were about $1,500. Oh, all these figures are not just for the kitchen cabinets and countertops. They also include the bathroom vanities, countertops, sinks, and faucets. Although the old cabinet guy had the kitchen cabinets made and in the house, he did not have the new bathroom vanities made, so I had to buy those. I'm meeting with Keith today to get a full invoice and to give him a check.

This was more than I expected, but I'm not too concerned. Why? Well, for one thing, there was the $13,000 phone call. For another, well, you'll see in my next post!

No comments:

© 2006 Shaun | Site Feed | Back to top