Google
  Web shaunsre.blogspot.com   

Friday, August 12, 2005

Yardwork Revisited

Well, it seems like I'll have to get the weeds cut down anyway. When I came home from work this afternoon, I had a letter from the city stating I was in violation of city codes. They say the weeds must be cut down to less than 6 inches and a tree on the south side yard must be trimmed so that its branches are at least 7 feet above the sidewalk and 12 feet above the street. I have until August 31st to comply and I will need to have the city inspector back out again to verify the work has been done. At my last property, my handyman cleared the yard of weeds, so, given my difficulties finding people to work the yard at this house, I've called him again to see if he can do this. I called at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon though, so I don't expect to hear from him until next week.

4 comments:

Shaun said...

No, it's Glendale. I suspect someone complained. I can't believe someone from the city drives around looking at people's yards. The funny thing is there was a trailer full of junk sitting in the driveway for months and no one complained. But let a few weeds get too tall, and that causes problems. Of course, it's possible someone did complain about the trailer, but it took the city a month to come out and check it...

Steve said...

It was probably a neighbor. Our neighbors are like that, too. Leave your trash can out a day past pick-up, and some nosy neighbor will call the HOA. I remember when we moved in, my FIL was installing flor tile for us and put his biz sign in the front yard. We got a call that very night from a nosy neighbor, complaining the sign was in violation of our Covenants & Deed Restrictions (CDR). I asked the PM company to detail me the verbage in the CDR, and it was VERY ambiguous. I told her the way it was written, even "For Sale" signs were illegal. We went back-n-forth, until I threatened legal action, to which she finally caved in and through out the warning.

BTW, I can't wait to see the "House Sold" post from you!

Trisha#1 said...

I think you should leave the weeds until the morning of the 31st just to SPITE them! Oooo-aaaaah-aaaaah-aaaaah (evil laugh)!

Steve said...

BTW, Shaun, according to this article, it looks like the AZ market is on fire! (no pun intended)

© 2006 Shaun | Site Feed | Back to top