Google
  Web shaunsre.blogspot.com   

Thursday, August 11, 2005

House Is Listed!! (Updated)

Or it will be, as soon as my agent checks her email.

I went to the property this morning and everything looks good! The cabinets are finished!! Finally!!! I spent about 45 minutes cleaning up the place. There was a bunch of sawdust from the cabinet install to vacuum up, plus all the boxes for the cabinet doors had to be thrown out. I installed the bathroom light cover and the sink hole plug. The old kitchen countertop was on the back patio. It's too big to fit in my car as is and I didn't want to spend the time taking it apart, so I moved it under the kitchen window, where it is out of sight from inside the house. With all the boxes and wood cuttings, the two trash cans are filled again. I have not done anything with the dead weeds in the yard and one bathroom is missing a shower curtain, but I'm not going to do anything about those unless the buyer requests it.

I did take pictures of the cabinets and I was all set to include them in this post when I realized I forgot to bring the camera's USB cable to work with me. So pictures will have to wait until this evening. Sorry!

I'm listing the house at $167,000. We'll see if we get any bites. Hopefully, my agent will have it listed and a Realtor lockbox on the place in time for the weekend.

11:05 AM Update: Just heard back from my agent. The signpost for the For Sale sign is being ordered today and the house will be in the MLS by this evening. FYI, as I mentioned way back when, I instructed her to use some special words and to avoid using others in the listing to try to get a higher price.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Congratulations Shaun!!!

This has been a long road for you (and me ;-)). Now it's time to reap the rewards of your hard work and patience.

List the property, go to the bar, and drink yourself silly. Then send me the bill. This one is on me!

Steve said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping the place gets sold without any hiccups AND a lot quicker than the rehab period! :-)

Congrats!

Trisha#1 said...

Woo-hoo! That's fantastic! You're a smart guy being particular about the wording in your MLS listing. I plan to use your same tactics when we get ready to sell any of our properties. Best of luck on the selling process!

tmtb said...

I'm doing the dance of joy:-) Totally happy for you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

© 2006 Shaun | Site Feed | Back to top