Google
  Web shaunsre.blogspot.com   

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

One Thing After Another

Last night, my daughter threw up a couple times and stayed up the whole night coughing. She (and I) got about 1 hour of sleep. Tomorrow she goes in for minor surgery to get tubes put in her ears. So today, just to keep things interesting, the Powers That Be decided to make it three straight days of unusual activity by having the power go out in the neighborhood where House 11 is. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a big deal, since no one is living in it right now, but today happens to be the day the new carpet is being installed.

So I got a call from the carpet company asking if I knew why there was no power at the house. They said they tried the circuit breakers and still no power. My first thought was to call my handyman, who should have finished there yesterday, and see if he had any problems. Then I discovered I did not have his phone number with me and I had no way to contact him. So I next called the power company, thinking there was a mix up in my billing and they stopped service for some reason. (I haven't received a power bill yet.) It turns out they are having an outage in the entire area and they expect service to be restored in an hour. They offered to call me when it comes back on, an offer I accepted. When that happens, I'll have to call the carpet installers back. Thankfully, it looks like it will be a short outage and the installers can keep working for a bit until they need power. Nevertheless, I've got enough going on right now and didn't really need this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaun,

Tubes in daughters ears will work wonders.I have a son with tubes. Best of luck at hospital today. REI blog is wonderful. I have two rentals and look forward to learning more everyday. It is a venture for hearty souls so continue to be strong.There is a reason why everyone doesn't do this work.

Kristine

Steve said...

Ah, the fun they don't teach you in the REI books and courses. Reading about your adventures and others, and coupled with my own, I've come to the realization that every deal has some bumps in it. ;-)

Keep up the great work!

Shaun said...

Thanks to both of you for the kinds words. The tube surgery went well, so all is good there. The house is starting to shape up and I think I can get it listed by the end of the month.

© 2006 Shaun | Site Feed | Back to top